pre-requisite: staff or admin permissions
To add a new user to Sheep:
- from the dashboard or homepage click 'settings' from the left hand menu (if you can't see a settings link then you have insufficient permissions)
- select 'User Permissions' from the left hand menu
- Use the form on the right hand side to create a user. Enter first name, last name and email address.
- If you want the user to get an email invite tick the 'Send Email' check box. (If you don't tick the box you will need to let the user know that an account has been created)
The user account will be created with 'basic' permissions.
- Pick the user from the list of users on the 'User Permission' page
- Use the checkboxes to add or remove permissions
The control that the user levels allow will depend on your configuration:
- basic: basic read access with limited write access
- editor: wider read & write permissions than basic
- staff: usually has full read & write access to all records but can't change database settings
- admin: can modify database settings